Colchester United Football Club is looking to recruit kitchen porters to work in our restaurants on matchdays and events.
Whilst experience in catering is preferred, this is not essential as full training will be provided.
Our matchdays are typically on Saturdays with some weekday evening matches. Events are mostly held on Thursday, Friday or Saturday evenings.
A typical shift is 4-8 hours depending on the game and job role.
- Upholding the clubs 5-star food hygiene rating by maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness.
- Washing up by hand or using an industrial dishwasher.
- General tasks such as sweeping and mopping floors, sanitising work areas, emptying and cleaning bins.
- Speed of service by ensuring the rapid turnaround of any crockery, cutlery or kitchen items.
- Working under direct supervision of a senior chef, undertaking basic food prep or assisting with an element of live service.
- A resilient, calm and confident approach to a fast-paced workplace.
- A strong work ethic with the motivation to complete tasks on time.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The commitment and enthusiasm to achieve results.
- A can-do positive attitude and be a team player