Part time sports scientist
We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a highly motivated, innovative and committed individual, to undertake a part-time role as a Sports Scientist for Colchester United working across academy and first team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a practitioner looking to gain more experience within a professional football club, and lead and assist on a number of pitch and gym based sessions.
Role accountabilities & key duties:
- Assist and lead on the delivery of academy physical development sessions for players in age groups Under 9 to Under 16.
- Work closely with the Academy sports science and physiotherapy department on rehabilitation, injury prevention and load management.
- Work closely with the Head of academy sports science, and lead academy sports scientist in the delivery of SAQ and gym sessions.
- Be available to accompany and assist age group teams on match days.
- Deliver physical testing and screening to meet EPPP requirements including but not limited to anthropometrics, physical testing, screening.
- Update and maintain the clubs PMA and ensure that all necessary data is recorded.
- Ensure that when working with the full-time squads GPS is used and data is utilised within and assessed after sessions.
- Assist first team sports scientist where needed both field based and gym based.
Contracted for 30 Hours Per Week. 11 months per year. £8.91 per hour.
Colchester United FC and CUFC in the Community Trust are committed to Equality.