SPORTS SCIENCE PLACEMENT
• Employer Colchester United FC
• Job Type Voluntary Internship (unpaid)
• Position Type 11 Month(s) Contract
Duration: July 2022 – May 2023
Location: Florence Park, Tiptree, Essex
DBS Check: Enhanced with Child’s Barred List
The Sports Science department are looking for students/ex-student’s to support the full time Sports Science and Strength and Conditioning staff in the delivery of sports science support to our Category 2 academy.
The work will underpin the daily tasks of the Sports Science department to include, but not restricted to; daily monitoring and testing, data basing and reporting data, delivery of field and gym based sessions and the delivery of late stage rehabilitation to the U23’s to the U9’s
This exciting opportunity will you to work within a progressive sports medicine interdisciplinary team, promoting high standards of health, well-being and medical care within a Category 2 academy.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for candidates who can be part of a multi-disciplinary team of people, be proactive and innovative in their approach and communicate effectively at all levels.
Desirable Qualifications (including certifications):
• Gym/Fitness based qualifications would be advantageous
• Experience working in sporting environments
• Coaching experience
• Excellent communication skills and a strong work ethic
• Knowledge of field and gym based training
• Applied knowledge of anatomy and physiology
• Valid UK Drivers Licence
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to:
• Opportunity to work for an English Football League Club
• Working in an environment with strong core values
• Learning and development opportunities
• Working with likeminded individuals.